Central Library is housed in a three floor complex constructed adjacent to the administrative block and in front of the A block. This library has various sections including stack section, separate reading sections for students and staff, periodical section, reference section, reprography section, computer landscapes and audio-visual lab.The library is computerized with Libsys Library management software & provides various computerized services and scientific browsing.
The Central library also manages 21 departmental libraries in terms of meeting their individual book requirements. These departmental libraries are housed in each department and have approximately 100 to 150 books for use by the faculty members of the concerned specialty.
- To provide a learning environment to the students and faculty
- To provide reading material required for teaching and learning purpose for students as well as teaching community
- To foster the research activities and inculcate the habit of scientific writing of their research work
|Book||Journals||A. CD's||E - Books||E-Journals|
A network of computer with 24 computers linked to the main server. These computers are equipped to provide internet browsing of educational sites for updating of knowledge, data bases such as Medline, Mdconsult and AIR. These computers are networked so as to provide easy access to the E-medical journal sites.
This section is well equipped with a LCD projector, slide projector, DVD player and a scanner to cater to the learning needs of the medical students and to provide a centralized facility for small group scientific presentations for the students as well as faculty.
All the books in this library are arranged as per the DDC classification and AACR- 2 cataloguing system is followed. The library has adopted the Brown computerized system for issuing books to its readers.
- Issuing of books: 10.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.(Monday to Friday)
9.00 a.m to 1.00 p.m. (Saturday)
- Reading section: 9.00 a.m. to 2.00 a.m (all working days)
SALIENT FEATURE OF THE LIBRARY:
- Open access system for selection of books.
- Reference service
- Internet service
- CD-Rom service
- Xerox facilities
- Audio visual facilities.