Central Library is housed in a three floor complex constructed adjacent to the administrative block and in front of the A block. This library has various sections including stack section, separate reading sections for students and staff, periodical section, reference section, reprography section, computer landscapes and audio-visual lab.The library is computerized with Libsys Library management software & provides various computerized services and scientific browsing.
The Central library also manages 21 departmental libraries in terms of meeting their individual book requirements. These departmental libraries are housed in each department and have approximately 100 to 150 books for use by the faculty members of the concerned specialty.
The college library is the pivot around which all the academic activities of the college revolve. It is a vital area of the college, which cater the requirements of the academicians & students.
- To provide a learning environment to the students and faculty
- To provide reading material required for teaching and learning purpose for students as well as teaching community
- To foster the research activities and inculcate the habit of scientific writing of their research work
||452||878||831||Clinical Key E Medical Database
- Issuing of books: 10.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.(Monday to Friday)
- 9.00 a.m to 1.00 p.m. (Saturday)
- Reading section: 9.00 a.m. to 2.00 a.m (all working days)
Rules and Regulations
- A person desirous to using the library shall enter his/her Name, Class, Roll No. & time of entry legibly and put a signature in the register kept at the entrance for the purpose.
- Identity Card (ID) is compulsory for getting access to the library.
- Silence to be maintained in the library.
- No discussion permitted inside the library.
- Membership should be done to become a library member prior to the library resources.
- No personal belongings allowed inside the library Textbooks, printed materials and issued books are not allowed to be taken inside the library.
- Documents taken out of the shelves must be left on the table. Replacing the documents on shelves by users is not encouraged as the documents may get misplaced.
- Using Mobile phones and audio instruments with or without speaker or headphone is strictly prohibited in the library premises.
- Show the books and other materials which are being taken out of the library to the staff at the entrance counter.
- Library borrower cards are not transferable. The borrower is responsible for the books borrowed on his/her card.
- Refreshment of any kind shall not be taken anywhere in the library premises.
- Suggestions on all aspects of library services are welcome.
- The books shall be issued to students for 14 days after which the same must be returned.
- If the books are not returned on the due date, an overdue charge Rs.1 per book per day will be charged for the period, the books are kept beyond the due date.
- The librarian may recall any book from any member at any time and the member shall return the same immediately.
- Books will be reissued for not more than two times. After that the borrower must return the book(s).
- Reference books, journals / periodicals, magazines/newspapers and other documents declared “For Reference” by the Librarian will not be issued
Services and Facilities
- Open access system for selection of books
- Reference service
- Internet service
- CD-Rom service
- Xerox facilities
- Audio visual facilities
- Well equipped latest computer labs
- A network of computer with 30 computers linked to the main server. These computers are equipped to provide internet browsing of educational sites for updating of knowledge, data bases such as Medline, Clinical Key E Database. These computers are networked so as to provide easy access to the E-medical journal sites.
Well equipped latest computer labs
A network of computer with 30 computers linked to the main server. These computers are equipped to provide internet browsing of educational sites for updating of knowledge, data bases such as Medline, Clinical Key E-Database and AIR. These computers are networked so as to provide easy access to the E-medical journal sites.
Hostel facilities & student counseling
Hostel facilities for postgraduate residents, interns, undergraduate students are available as per the requirement. There are separate hostel buildings for boys and girls located within the college campus. These hostels are having accommodation capacity of 468 for undergraduates, 75 for interns and 64 single seaters for residents. The hostels are under supervisory control of rector and two wardens to look after day to day administration under the overall control of Dean. All the hostel buildings are having facilities of recreation room, visitors room, kitchen & dining hall.
|For Undergraduate Students||For Intern Students|
|Hostel Maintenance Charges||12000||12000|
SMIMER has adequate residential accommodations for its staff. All the staff members requiring accommodation have been provided.