To facilitate the students, learn various aspects of biomolecules including their structure, interaction among them, synthesis, degradation and transmission and expression and their behavior/action/modification in health and disease and also their diagnostic relevance. It also tries to explain ‘harmonious flow of molecules’ in human body and also unravels the turbulence in this flow during a disease state.
To facilitate the learning of
- Structural and functional aspects of various biomolecules
- Biochemical basis of learning of various physical agents, chemical agents, including drugs, biologic agents and mechanism of oxygen transport and various aspects of oxygen carrying molecules, genetic disorders, cancer, autoimmunity, nutritional imbalances and endocrine imbalances etc.
- Role of biochemistry in medicine
- Role of biochemistry in clinical diagnosis
- Various aspects of molecular biology